In light of the increased transmissibility around the Omicron variant Campbellford Memorial Hospital (CMH) will begin requiring visitors of the inpatient Medical-Surgical Unit to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This policy comes into effect today, December 18, 2021.
Key highlights with respect to this policy are as follows:
- It will affect visitors of inpatients only. Individuals coming for scheduled laboratory and other outpatient procedures and use of the emergency department will keep with current protocols.
- Admitted patients will continue to identify two essential caregivers/visitors. Only one individual will be permitted to visit each day. CMH asks that only local caregivers/visitors visit inpatients at this time. Virtual visits can continue to be requested.
- Visiting hours continue to be from 10AM to 8 PM. Any visitors appearing outside of these times will be asked to leave the hospital.
- Any visitor coming to visit an inpatient should report to the screener at the emergency room entrance.
- In addition to passing screening visitors for inpatients will be required to provide proof of Health Canada approved full vaccination status and government issued ID.
- Visitors will be asked to perform hand-hygiene and wear a hospital-approved, medical grade mask. Masks will be available at screening.
- There are certain visitors who may be exempt from this policy (e.g. those visiting patients at end of life) however, these individuals are asked to make a plan with the Team Lead or Manager of the Inpatient Unit prior to coming to the hospital.
Visitors must go directly to the patient they are there to support and leave directly after their visit is over. Visitors are not permitted to visit other patients while in the hospital and they must also maintain social distancing (two meters) and complete hand hygiene frequently. The hospital’s cafeteria remains closed to visitors.
Virtual visiting is encouraged and available. Virtual visitors must have access to Zoom or FaceTime. To schedule a virtual visit, please contact Caitlin Payne by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by dialing (705) 653-1140 ext. 2212. CMH offers free Wi-Fi to assist patients in connecting with their loved ones.
While CMH recognizes the important role family and support persons play for patients who are admitted to hospital, we also have a role to play in keeping our patients, staff and community safe. CMH appreciates the support and compliance of the community during the COVID-19 pandemic.