We are in the process of converting THFHT clinics in Campbellford, Warkworth, Colborne, Hastings & Havelock to an essential service model to reduce the risk of disease transmission during the novel coronavirus (COVID19) pandemic. Based on advisories from provincial and federal public health agencies we are working to best serve our patients and community during the COVID19 outbreak. To protect the health of patients, clinic staff, and health care providers we are changing how we provide care by rescheduling non-essential appointments, converting to phone or virtual appointments where possible, and diverting all respiratory illness to phone or virtual appointments. Patients with booked appointments will likely receive a call to change how or when they will be seen. Those calling with a new issue or to book an appointment will be triaged.
Any THFHT patients with a cough, sore throat, fever, flu-like symptoms or any symptoms of respiratory illness are advised to:
o call their clinic (Campbellford, Warkworth, Colborne, or Hastings) during business hours and report their symptoms.
o A THFHT Outbreak Nurse will call you within the day and perform a phone assessment and provide direction.
o Those who meet the criteria for COVID19 screening will be asked to contact the HKPR Public Health Department (1-866-888-4577 extension 5020) to arrange COVID19 testing at the closest screening centre.
o Those who do not meet the criteria for COVID19 screening will be further assessed & advised by the Outbreak Nurse. S/he will advise if you need to be seen or contacted by a physician or nurse practitioner for assessment and treatment of a non-COVID19 illness.
o If you develop symptoms after business hours and feel you cannot wait until the clinic is open, you can call Telehealth Ontario (1-866-797-0000).
• All non-essential routine follow-up appointments & assessments such as chronic disease followups, physicals, & medication renewals may be rescheduled either to a later time (after COVID19 outbreak is over) or to a phone or virtual (online) appointment with a physician or nurse practitioner
• All screening, program visits, and group sessions such as Pap screening, nutrition program, smoking cessation, and mental wellness groups will be rescheduled either to a later time (after COVID19 outbreak is over) or to a phone or virtual (online) appointment where possible.
• A THFHT nurse will call all patients with booked Well baby visits & immunizations to advise on rescheduling or conducting these visits at lower-risk times in a restricted part of the clinic.
• Essential & acute episodic visits (e.g. earache, rash, urinary tract infection) will be triaged by booking staff in consultation with physician & nurse practitioner providers. These visits may be seen at lower-risk times in the clinic or you will be booked for a phone or virtual (online) appointment where possible.
• DO NOT COME TO A THFHT CLINIC WITHOUT AT APPOINTMENT. You will be turned away at the entrance screening point and asked to return home and call reception. The Trent Hills Family Health Team (THFHT) commits to communicating regularly with our patients and community.
We will post general updates on our website @thfht.com, in press releases to media, and using social media platforms. We encourage all members of our community to educate themselves on COVID-19, how to prevent transmission, and what to do if you have symptoms of COVID-19. If people have questions or concerns on COVID-19, they can call the Haliburton Kawartha Pine Ridge Health Unit at 1-866-888-4577, ext. 5020 during business hours or visit www.hkpr.on.ca. After hours, people can call Telehealth Ontario for medical advice toll-free at 1-866-797-0000. Learn about how the Ministry of Health of Ontario is preparing for the 2019 novel coronavirus. Find out how to protect yourself, what to do if you’re sick after you travel and how to recognize possible symptoms at https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus